The Engineering Council is committed to protecting your privacy and is registered with the Information Commissioner. Acting in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) the Engineering Council treats your personal data in accordance with the eight data protection principles outlined in the Act.
Data submitted through our website will only be used for the purpose it has been provided for, and will not be passed on to any third parties.
For professional engineers and technicians registered with the Engineering Council, personal data is used for the following purposes:
- To administer the Register and to carry out the proper functions of the Engineering Council
- To announce your registration, by means of your name and Institution only, in the national press and, for a limited time, on the Engineering Council website
- To give registered engineers and technicians the opportunity to participate in schemes that support the Council’s Royal Charter
- To confirm your registration to legitimate enquiries
- To conduct market research relating to professional registration on behalf of the Engineering Council, your personal data may be passed to third party market research companies, which will be registered with the Information Commissioner and whose processes, to the best of the Engineering Council’s knowledge, comply with the data protection principles of the Act.
You are entitled to see the information the Engineering Council holds about you. To do so, please make a written request to the Data Protection Officer. You should include your name, address and telephone number, and Engineering Council registration number or Institution membership number if you have one. The Engineering Council may charge a fee of £10 for responding to such an access request.
For more on the Data Protection Act 1998, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
If you require further information on this, please contact the Data Protection Officer in writing at:
The Data Protection Officer
246 High Holborn